Hiring a Personal Assistant (PA)

A Personal Assistant (or PA) job is to support people that need help, because of their age or disability, to have greater choice and control in their life. This means they’ll have greater independence and the ability to live their life more fully.

There are many things to consider when hiring a PA, such as payroll, employment liability etc.

Below are links to companies who can help with these duties.


Vibrance – Payroll Services

Vibrance strive to enable people with a range of disabilities to have a greater voice and presence within their community.

As a charity, they provide a wide range of high-quality, innovative social care and support services to more than 2450 people across London and the south east.

Telephone: 01702 214540
Website: www.vibrance.org.uk

Employment Liability

Home Employment Insurance for People Employing Personal Assistants.

Telephone: 01476 514478
Company: Mark Bates Ltd
Email: enquiries@markbatesltd.com

Link Me Up

Support people in receipt of a personal budget, personal health budget and those self-funding their care and support needs to live quality lives, including finding a PA by using their register of PA’s seeking employment.

Telephone: 0208 290 6639
Website: www.linkmeup.org.uk

The Pensions Regulator

The law on workplace pensions has changed. Under the Pensions Act 2008, every employer in the UK must put certain staff into a pension scheme and contribute towards it. This is called ‘automatic enrolment’.

Whether you’re a hairdresser, an architect or employ a personal care assistant, if you employ at least one person you are an employer and you have certain legal duties.

Website: www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk


Our Self Directed Services provide:

  • Support Planning and Brokerage
  • Direct Payments Advice & Guidance
  • Financial Services – Payroll, Third Party Payments & Fund holding
  • Linkmeup – personal Assistant Register

This service is available to anyone who requires support, you may already be receiving or have been assessed by your local authority for a personal budget or direct payment.

Website: Vibrance