Time for Change … In the LB Bromley
Bromley Parent Voice (BPV) is currently working with an organisation called SEND4Change who have been invited to facilitate an independent review of arrangements for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and social, emotional and mental health needs (SEMH) in Bromley.
These review sit alongside the SEND Reform workstreams and will report to the SEND Reform Board.
Part of this work will involve entering into a conversation with stakeholders, including children, young people and their families, to co-produce (work together) a new SEN and SEMH Strategy for LB Bromley.
BPV has been asked to part of focus groups during the Autumn term which will consider how support can be improved across 4 key areas:
2) High Needs Funding
3) Specialist Placements
4) Bromley’s SEN Support Offer
(SEMH will be considered separately)
Each group will look at the following:
1) What are the current arrangements in Bromley? Strengths and areas for development.
2) How we would like it to be in the future?
3) What needs to happen to get there?
Each focus group will produce an action plan and a set of outcomes which will come together to create the new SEN Strategy (Plan) for Bromley.
BPV have identified two parent representatives on each focus group who will represent the wider parent views.
Additional groups will meet to discuss these issues.
If you would like your views to be put forward you can either:
1) Email the parent representatives at email@example.com
2) Attend the BPV Conference on 12th October 2017 at The Warren, Conference Centre, Hayes where SEND4Change will be presenting to and facilitating a session with parent carers.
We are really committed to getting the widest parent views as possible. Should you like to discuss how you can get more actively involved in these reviews please contact Kay Moore, Parent Participation Officer, LB Bromley on 0208 776 3170 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.