Independent Supporters

14:49 12 May in Local News

Families with children or young people going through a statutory assessment leading to an education, health and care plan or transferring from a statement or Learning Disability Assessment to a EHC plan may be able to get help from an Independent Supporter – someone who doesn’t work for the local authority who can help parents and carers, and young people, through the process.

Bromley Mencap, in partnership with Burgess Autistic Trust, Bromley Parent Voice and Bromley Experts by Experience has been commissioned by the government to undertake research with young people and families to identify how parents and young people can be best supported to manage these changes.

Although the Independent Supporters programme will only be funded for two years, as part of the research we will be exploring ways of continuing to support families at the end of the project.

We want to reach as many parents and young people as possible. Therefore all the partnership organisations are circulating this questionnaire and holding workshops and events to get your opinions and ideas. The research is aimed at all families with disabled children 0 to 25 who have a Special Educational Need. We want to know what currently works well, where improvements can be made and if there are any gaps in the support provided.

Please note the survey has now closed

No Comments

Post a Comment